Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Isabela: Tama Ba Naman Yun?!?

After a happy 21K run at the Century Superbods last Sunday, my attention this week was mostly on work as I had to drive myself to Isabela on Tuesday and stay here until tomorrow, Friday.

How about my training program for Unilab?!?

As what coach Jon had suggested, if I do travel for work, the first thing I should pack are my running shoes. :P This I did. I brought my 2 pairs of Precisions and even wore my NB trail shoes just in case. With the new Takbo.ph promo, I even brought my Takbo.ph singlet if I had the chance to pose along a scenic route in Isabela just for a chance to get those odd-looking laces. :)

Anyway, just to rant about what happened during my trip and ATTEMPT to train...

  Tama ba naman yun?!? Pagkatapos magmaneho ng 350km, may gana ka pang tumakbo?


  Tama ba naman yun?!? Alas-9 na ng gabi tapos nagplano ka pang tumakbo? At hello! Tempo run pa ang balak!


  Tama ba naman yun?!? Dahil wala kang reflectorized na vest, akala mo makikita ka ng mga drayber sa yellow na I Am Ninoy running shirt mo?


  Tama ba naman yun?!? Sa makitid na national highway ka pa tatakbo, kung saan dumadaan mga 16 or 18-wheeler na truck na hahampas hangin sa 'yo pag dinaanan ka?


  Tama ba naman yun?!? Ang daming mga nakawala na aso kahit sa national highway?


  Tama ba naman yun?!? Tama bang sabayan ka ng baliw sa kabilang kalye malapit sa sanitarium? Makikipag-pace sa 'yo sa takbo at lakad?


I went back to my hotel (motel) as soon as I found out that a crazy, shirtless man was pacing with me on the other side of the road. Did less than 6km total...http://connect.garmin.com/activity/25415938

Oh well, after that memorable run, I therefore conclude that Isabela is a 'no-run zone' for me... :P Can't wait to get back to Manila tomorrow to run. :) Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

2 comments:

Kenkoy Runner said...

ang sagot ko eh TAMA YAN!

at may TAMA KA NA RIN!:)

ayot? apir!


im back to mizunos nga pala :)

Anonymous said...

Bry, tama na yang kalokohan na yan, ha!

Uwi ka na and see you at the Unilab race!:-)